Companies that want to lead from the front have to be in shape for the innovations ahead. Björn Goerke, executive vice president of Technology & Innovation Platform Core at SAP, is certain that to be fit for innovation, you need the right technology – and that SAP NetWeaver is part of that.
Many customers have already migrated from SAP NetWeaver 7.0X to 7.3X and are now enjoying the much improved technology. For example:
- There is now just one, integrated ABAP codeline, which makes software logistics much simpler all round.
- You can constantly monitor all operating processes using SAP Solution Manager 7.1.
- There have been rapid advances in process orchestration, including that the Advanced Adapter Engine and SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management now run in a single stack, which potentially means less hardware and reduced energy costs.
- Java iDOC adapters and B2B add-ons for EDI are available.
- For SAP Business Suite applications, more than 500 preconfigured sidepanel chips, based on the floor plan manager technology, are now available.
SAP NetWeaver 7.4 is optimized for SAP HANA
SAP is pressing ahead with the development of its proven technology platform. The latest release, SAP NetWeaver 7.4, is up-to-date on in-memory, cloud, mobile, and social networking trends.
In SAP NetWeaver 7.4, the ABAP stack is optimized for SAP HANA. SAP NetWeaver 7.4 is the basis for SAP Business Suite on HANA, so the speed of an SAP HANA database can be optimally leveraged at the ABAP level. The new SAP NetWeaver can be deployed in working development landscapes without disruption.
Next page: Most interesting examples
In addition, SAP NetWeaver 7.4 is not only “optimized for SAP HANA” and on-premise. There are two new dimensions: cloud and mobile, which are important in the new SAP HANA Cloud offering. The SAP NetWeaver cloud strategy focuses on the value the cloud can add in the context of an established on-premise environment. Cloud technology can help reduce development costs because new work can be done in a secure environment without disturbing existing on-premise systems. The most interesting examples are:
- Seamless development processes in the familiar Eclipse environment with executable examples and full documentation, tutorials, and access to back-end systems in the cloud.
- On-premise solutions are simple to operate in virtual private clouds like Amazon Web Services or SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (coming soon).
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration, already being used to integrate SuccessFactors products with SAP Business Suite, provides optimal support for hybrid on-premise/cloud scenarios.
- For mobile, SAP NetWeaver 7.4 offers technologies such as SAPUI5, SAP HANA Cloud, and SAP NetWeaver Gateway. All these components have been carefully coordinated for seamless integration into existing back-end systems. Unique in the market, SAPUI5, which is SAP’s version of the HTML5 standard, has been delivered for all of the popular platforms, like Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows Phone 8, plus others.
To find out more about SAP NetWeaver 7.4, join the discussion on the SAP Community Network.