Reducing delivery risk and optimizing business resources have become challenging during testing times.
However, with streamlined cloud-based technologies, global enterprises have paved the way for efficiency, value and most importantly, collaboration.
Transforming India’s Retail Landscape – Trent Redefines Business Resilience
A growing force in India’s retail landscape, Trent Limited owns and manages a large number of fast-developing retail chains like Westside, Star Bazaar and Landmark.
Furthermore, with revenue of €600 million and a workforce of over 10,000 employees, Trent aims to add business value through collaborations, mitigate delivery risks and transition into one of India’s fastest-growing retail chains.
In the past, operating on an aging IT infrastructure, Trent’s systems struggled to keep up with a large number of concurrent users and a high volume of stock movements, especially around the end-of-season sales time, resulting in average customer experience and loss of revenue.
To transform its business operations and align objectives with a common goal ahead of the next end-of-season sales period, Trent realized the potential of cloud-based IT solutions and started seeking help from the best.
Trent’s transition plans included:
- Analyzing 7.5 terabytes of data
- Structured and organized business downtime window
Initial Challenges & Opportunities – Before Process Implementation
Here are a few challenges faced before process implementation:
- Upgrade and replace the existing IT environment with robust, transparent and efficient infrastructure for supporting concurrent users and seamlessly manage a high volume of stock movements
- Identify an optimized approach and convert data from its legacy system to SAP S/4HANA® on SAP® HANA Enterprise Cloud system without compromising on business impact
- Prepare overall business solutions supporting greater innovation
Expertise, Technology and Innovation: Trent’s Way Forward
Trent Ltd trusted their growth and transformation partner Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS), for a successful transition to SAP S/4HANA® using SAP® Integrated Delivery Framework, reducing delivery risk and optimizing resources.
- SAP ActiveAttention™ offerings for expert guidance
- Implementation of SAP S/4HANA & SAP Fiori® applications
- Eliminate data management and consistency challenges
- Simplify transition steps
- Reduce the conversion time to SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud by 60%
Accolades & Testimonials
“Our growth and transformation partner Tata Consultancy Services led the implementation of SAP S/4HANA, using SAP Integrated Delivery Framework to reduce delivery risk and better utilize project resources to reduce the business downtime window by 60%”
Vinod Kapote, Head, IT, Trent Ltd.
Business Value-Driven Results – Post Implementation
- Implementation of future-ready business software, reducing the downtime window by 60%
- Improved business system performance & personalized browser-based SAP Fiori apps for store operations
- Reduced dispatch processing time, increasing concurrent users
- Structured retail operations and financial reporting
Considering the impact of SAP S/4HANA® using SAP® Integrated Delivery Framework, Trent business operations are certain to cater to streamlined retail solutions ensuring the best customer experience.
Watch this video to learn how Trent seamlessly transitioned to SAP S/4HANA with the help of its growth and transformation partner Tata Consultancy Services and SAP ActiveAttention or you can read their transformation story here.