- IKEX will bring together academia, cloud partners, and customers to exchange ideas, experiences, and best practices to drive inclusive digital transformation and sustainable development in the country.
- Will cover 25 industries including Auto & Manufacturing, CPG Retail, Life Sciences, Start-ups & Unicorns, etc.
Delhi, October 20, 2022 – SAP India the world leader in enterprise application software and cloud solutions has today announced the launch of SAP Industry Knowledge Exchange (SAP IKEX), aimed at accelerating India’s journey to ‘Amrit Kaal,’ and driving the country’s inclusive digital transformation with sustainable development.
Launched in collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS), the exchange will bring together enterprises, consulting firms, and academia across 25 industries enabling technological co-innovation, sharing of best practices, and deliberation on regulatory policies to produce shared business value, accelerating growth, increase global competitiveness, and promote sustainability. Adding flavour to the initiative will be the presence of marquee customers such as Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Chaayos, More Retail, Philips India, Bombay Shaving Company, Greaves Electric Mobility, etc.
“Organizations and their business leaders have the power to create momentum and shape the future of their respective industries. We want to enable corporates in creating business networks that allow various industries to interact and achieve uniform growth across the whole value chain,” said Kulmeet Bawa, President & Managing Director, SAP Indian Subcontinent. “With the Industry Knowledge Exchange Platform, our objective is to empower Indian enterprises to promote growth and operational continuity while also gathering pertinent information in real-time to be ready for potential disruptions. This initiative will have a major impact on how India evolves over the next 25 years of Amrit Kaal.”
The Knowledge Exchange confluence is based on the following 3 pillars:
- Establishment of an industry board: Setting up an industry board for each sector will help in identifying sectoral challenges, shaping the industry agenda, and driving peer-to-peer engagement. The council will comprise academicians, business leaders, and innovation and technology partners.
- Co-innovation with industries: Facilitating collaboration between multiple stakeholders within each industry ecosystem that will deliver value, drive cloud adoption, and assist start-ups and digital natives.
- Improvement of regulatory and policy inputs: Capitalizing and leveraging inputs from industry bodies such as the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA), and Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA), etc. to ensure a conducive policy and regulatory framework.
Commenting on the collaboration, Puneet Chandok, President, Commercial Business, AWS India and South Asia, Amazon Internet Services, said, “While a conducive economic environment, structural reforms and government initiatives are necessary for businesses to flourish, industry-academia collaborations are equally critical for organizations to thrive, regardless of their industry and size. By bringing together expertise and perspectives from the larger ecosystem, enterprises can tap into mutual growth opportunities, expand networks, and fuel innovation to solve larger business challenges around emerging technologies, talent, and sustainability. Our collaboration with SAP will enable maximizing business value across industries by fast-tracking their digital transformation and help them be future-ready.”
The first edition of the IKEX Summit in 2022 will witness the coming together of eminent business leaders from five industries – consumer, life sciences, auto, manufacturing, start-ups, and unicorn businesses – and will gradually expand to include the remaining industries.
Visit the SAP News Center.
SAP’s strategy is to help every business run as an intelligent, sustainable enterprise. As a market leader in enterprise application software, we help companies of all sizes and in all industries run at their best: SAP customers generate 87% of total global commerce. Our machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics technologies help turn customers’ businesses into intelligent enterprises. SAP helps give people and organizations deep business insight and fosters collaboration that helps them stay ahead of their competition. We simplify technology for companies so they can consume our software the way they want – without disruption. Our end-to-end suite of applications and services enables business and public customers across 25 industries globally to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and make a difference. With a global network of customers, partners, employees, and thought leaders, SAP helps the world run better and improve people’s lives. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
For more information, press only:
Deepika Gumaste: 9769933345; email@example.com ; IST
Shristi Mahnot: 9986729683; Shristi.Mahnot@genesis-bcw.com ; IST