SAP NEWSBYTE — April 29, 2022 — Yesterday, SAP in Switzerland announced the winners of the SAP Quality Awards 2022, celebrating the most successful implementations of SAP applications in four categories: Business Transformation, Cloud Transformation, Digital Pioneer, and Rapid Time to Value.
The grand prize-winners of this year’s Quality Awards are:
- Schweizerische Post AG (Swiss Post)
- JT International S.A.
- Oetiker Schweiz AG
- Department of Finance, Canton of Zurich, with the Office for Information Technology
Recognition of outstanding performance
Since 2008, SAP Switzerland has presented annual awards to customers who have distinguished themselves through excellence in their implementation projects. In addition to project planning excellence, an emphasis on rapid, cost-effective deployment following SAP standards is a hallmark of successful SAP implementations.
The judging panel assesses the projects based on ten quality principles that SAP recommends customers follow for better outcomes when implementing its standard software. The objective here is for projects to achieve measurable added value, shorter implementation cycles, and faster time to value. The Quality Awards recognize SAP customers who have achieved extraordinary performance. The awards also help create a community of thought leaders and strengthen cooperation between customers and partners.
Awards for 13 Projects in Four Categories
This year, SAP Switzerland presented Quality Awards in four categories:
- The Business Transformation category covers major projects for more than 500 users that have a timeline of more than six months and that comprise more than 900 person days.
- The Cloud Transformation category assesses large projects according to the same requirements as business transformation projects, but with a focus on the transformation of cloud-based solutions.
- The Rapid Time to Value category is for small and medium-sized projects that are for up to 600 users and require fewer than seven months and 1,000 person days from start to finish.
- The Digital Pioneer category recognizes projects with an innovative functional approach for SAP solutions, along with solutions that involve the deployment of innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), robotic process automation (RPA), and blockchain.
One grand prize-winner was selected in each category. Other noteworthy projects in the respective categories were also recognized. In total, thirteen projects by companies in Switzerland whose achievements best met the award criteria were honored.
Winners in the Business Transformation Category
Swiss Post carried out an SAP S/4HANA transformation project that aimed to harmonize all business areas and value flows, which was characterized by highly efficient organizational change management. The company’s strong business commitment made it possible to achieve the desired results while strictly applying project management principles. In recognition of their efforts, Swiss Post and its implementation partner SAP Switzerland were declared the grand prize-winner by the judging panel.
The other award winners in this category that achieved outstanding SAP S/4HANA on premise implementations were:
- Basler Verkehrsbetriebe BVB (Basel City Transport), supported by its partner NOVO Business Consultants
- Cablex, a company for network infrastructure, supported by Swisscom
- Logistikbasis der Schweizer Armee (LBA) (Swiss Armed Forces Logistics Organization), supported by its partner BearingPoint
- Insurance company Mobiliar, with its implementation partner SAP Switzerland
- Eidgenössische Finanzmarktaufsicht FINMA (Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority), supported by Swisscom
Winners in the Cloud Transformation Category
The grand prize-winner in this award category is JT International (JTI). The recognized cloud transformation project is part of JTI Vision 2030. The aim of this global project was to implement a globally integrated business planning process with improved demand forecasts, carry out demand and operations planning with the SAP cloud solution Integrated Business Planning, and achieve more detailed production planning. The judging panel recognized this project for its professional leadership, its emphasis on organizational change management and communication, and the highly motived team behind it. The judging panel was also impressed by the scope of the project, which was supported by SAP Switzerland.
The other winners in the Cloud Transformation category are:
- Hälg Facility Management, a provider of professional facility management services, supported by its partner AGILITA
- Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest reinsurance companies, with its implementation partner NDC
Winners in the Rapid Time to Value Category
In its industrial project, Oetiker Switzerland migrated its existing SAP ERP landscape to SAP S/4HANA on premise – over an extremely short project duration of just six months. The judging panel was impressed by the outstanding nomination submission and by the pragmatic project approach that made the rapid execution possible. Swisscom supported the project as implementation partner.
Also recognized in the Rapid Time to Value category:
- Optotune, a company that develops and manufactures optical components, supported by AGILITA.
Winners in the Digital Pioneer Category
The grand prize-winner is the Canton of Zurich, Department of Finance, Office for Information Technology. Faced with a massive increase in financial assistance applications as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canton of Zurich’s hardship case program had to be converted to automatic collection as quickly as possible. This project was implemented in just three months, based on the SAP Business Transformation Platform and the special solutions SAP for Social Protection and SAP Public Sector Collection and Disbursement (PSCD). The judging panel was impressed by the pragmatic project approach, the quick implementation time frame, the business benefits, and positive feedback from external auditors. The project was advised by NOVO Business Consultants.
Also recognized as a winner in the Digital Pioneer category:
- Coop Genossenschaft, for the implementation of a method for settling parking fees through Supercard points. This project was supported by SP Switzerland.
The grand prize-winners in Switzerland automatically qualify for the SAP Quality Award Europe competition. The winners of the European competition will be announced in 2023.
Image: SAP Quality Awards 2022: The winners from Switzerland
For more information, please visit the SAP News Center. Follow SAP on Twitter at @SAPdach.
SAP’s strategy is to help every business run as a sustainable, intelligent enterprise. As a market leader in enterprise application software, we help companies of all sizes and in all industries run at their best: SAP customers generate 87% of total global commerce. Our machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics technologies help turn customers’ businesses into intelligent enterprises. SAP helps give people and organizations deep business insight and fosters collaboration that helps them stay ahead of their competition. We simplify technology for companies so they can consume our software the way they want, easily and trouble-free. Our end-to-end suite of applications and services enables customers in than 25 industry sectors around the world to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and make a difference. With a global network of customers, partners, employees, and thought leaders, SAP helps the world run better and improves people’s lives. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
# # #
This document contains forward-looking statements, which are predictions, projections, or other statements about future events. These statements are based on current expectations, forecasts, and assumptions that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to materially differ. Additional information regarding these risks and uncertainties may be found in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to the risk factors section of SAP’s 2021 Annual Report on Form 20-F.
© 2022 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices.
For more information, press only:
Corporate Communications & Media Relations
SAP (Schweiz) AG
Tel. +41 58 871 67 15
Mobil +41 79 214 45 81