Visitors will enjoy safe, efficient customer experiences at Expo 2020 Dubai
SAP customer checkout integrates points of sale and financial systems in real time
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — 8 September 2021 — More than 300 retailers at Expo 2020 Dubai are set to process an expected 400,000-500,000 daily transactions, using a point-of-sale solution developed by SAP, the mega-event’s Innovative Enterprise Software Partner.
Participants and retailers across catering, food and beverage, and merchandise will use the SAP Customer Checkout solution to gain real-time insights across more than 1,200 points-of-sale terminals. The data from the points of sale will be integrated with the financial and operational data from the SAP S/4HANA business suite, with results available in real time.
Expo 2020 Dubai is integrating transactions with a local external payment provider for continuous and smooth processing, and 100 percent transparency in sales and financial results. Participants and retailers can centrally monitor the points of sale, and retailers can manage coupons that visitors can redeem across channels.
Mohammed Al Hashmi, Chief Technology Officer at Expo 2020 Dubai, said: “Expo 2020 is committed to showcasing the best innovations and cutting-edge technologies, and SAP Customer Checkout solution will provide Expo 2020 Dubai retailers and their customers with new levels of safety, efficiency, and customer service, offering an enhanced experience for our participants and visitors.”
Expo 2020 Dubai successfully trialed the SAP Customer Checkout solution during the preview of Terra – The Sustainability Pavilion, which welcomed more than 100,000 visitors from 22 January-10 April 2021.
The SAP Customer Checkout solution covers all product selection, discounts, returns, tax calculations, multiple payment options, loyalty management and day-end closing.
“Expo 2020 Dubai shows how intelligent enterprises and mega-events can integrate hundreds of thousands of daily retail sales from thousands of locations and operators to streamline the customer experience and generate reliable financial results,” said Sergio Maccotta, Senior Vice President, SAP Middle East South.
Sergio Maccotta added: “Using SAP Customer Checkout, the Expo 2020 Dubai organizers and retailers can tailor their merchandise to meet customer demands, and allow visitors to split payments or offer visitors loyalty points.”
About Expo 2020 Dubai
From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will welcome visitors from every corner of the globe to join the making of a new world, as it brings together the planet in one place to reimagine tomorrow.
- With the purpose of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, Expo 2020 will be the world’s most impactful global incubator for new ideas, catalysing an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring action to deliver real-life solutions to real-world challenges
- Expo 2020 will provide a visually striking, intellectually enlightening and emotionally inspiring 182 days, as more than 200 participants – including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – create the largest and most diverse World Expo ever
- Expo 2020’s sub-themes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to preserve and protect our planet, explore new frontiers and build a better future for everyone
- Expo is committed to building a more equitable and just world for everyone, while keeping visitors safe by following the latest guidance of the world’s leading medical, science and health experts
- Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Built with a meaningful and measurable long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site will transform into District 2020 – a model global community that will rethink the cities of the future – after Expo 2020 closes its doors
For more information, press only:
Husain Al Tamimi, SAP +971 56 6811641, email@example.com
Claire McPeak, SAP, +971 50 554 1302, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Oribello, Wallis, +971 56 783 3877, email@example.com