WALLDORF — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today said that more than 280 companies in the third quarter went live with SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass solutions to digitalize procurement and external workforce management, as global economic uncertainty continued to drive companies to accelerate digital transformation.
“Companies are ramping up digitalization projects as they look to protect their brands — and bottom lines — in these challenging times,” said John Wookey, president of SAP Intelligent Spend Management and Business Network. “Despite this uncertainty, it is exciting to see how companies are leveraging our solutions to manage spend and help ensure that the necessary goods, services and external worker resources are available to not only stay in business, but thrive.”
Procurement is taking a greater strategic and central role helping companies navigate today’s challenging business environment. At the same time, the need for companies to remain agile has prompted more businesses to tap into the flexible, external workforce talent pool.
Among the companies to have embraced and implemented intelligent spend solutions in the third quarter are Terumo North America and the following:
- Acciona S.A., a Spanish sustainable infrastructure and renewable energy conglomerate, shifted to electronic invoicing with the SAP Ariba Invoice Management solution to help increase its accounts payable department’s efficiency. For greater transparency into its supply chain, Acciona implemented the SAP Ariba Commerce Automation solution using Ariba Network to exchange information with suppliers in real time.
- Centro Médico ABC, a major medical center in in Mexico continued its digital transformation with SAP, including implementation of SAP Ariba solutions to gain greater visibility into its supply chain and to control expenses.
SAP’s global ecosystem of integrators, implementers and resellers in the third quarter led more than 73% of successful SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass solution implementation projects. The number of certified consultants continued to grow in the quarter, up 83% over a year ago.
More Than 70 New Customers, 150 Expanded Contracts and 220 Renewals
In addition to over 220 companies renewing licenses for SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass solutions, more than 150 companies expanded their contracts, such as ABB Group and the following:
- Natura &Co, one of Brazil’s largest cosmetics manufacturers, embarked on the next phase in its journey to become an intelligent enterprise with the integration of the SAP S/4HANA and SAP Ariba solutions, the SAP Extended Warehouse Management application, and SAP Analytics solutions to help streamline its procurement and supply chain operations.
- Vestas, a global leader in sustainable energy solutions, completed its worldwide rollout of the SAP Ariba Supplier Lifecycle and Performance solution with the final go-live in China. This builds upon the successful implementation of SAP Ariba solutions for buying, invoicing and commerce automation. By moving procurement onto one cloud-based platform for supplier onboarding and performance management, Vestas is further improving the experience of its staff and network of more than 2,000 suppliers, while improving cost efficiency, real-time visibility and compliance.
In the third quarter, more than 70 new customers selected SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass solutions. These include Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd., Indra Sistemas S.A., Siemens Gamesa, VELUX and the following:
- Algar Telecom, Brazil’s No. 1 telecommunications company, has chosen SAP solutions to bring key operations under one scalable, reliable and unified platform to continue its digital transformation and boost growth. This includes SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP Cloud Platform, and SAP Ariba and SAP Digital Supply Chain solutions.
SAP’s strategy is to help every business run as an intelligent enterprise. As a market leader in enterprise application software, we help companies of all sizes and in all industries run at their best: 77% of the world’s transaction revenue touches an SAP system. Our machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics technologies help turn customers’ businesses into intelligent enterprises. SAP helps give people and organizations deep business insight and fosters collaboration that helps them stay ahead of their competition. We simplify technology for companies so they can consume our software the way they want – without disruption. Our end-to-end suite of applications and services enables business and public customers across 25 industries globally to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and make a difference. With a global network of customers, partners, employees, and thought leaders, SAP helps the world run better and improve people’s lives. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2020 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.