SINGAPORE – SAP Southeast Asia, SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Temasek Polytechnic (TP) today launched three new courses under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme.
This is part of the SGUnited Jobs and Skills Package to upskill and reskill mid-career jobseekers for jobs in growth industries like the financial and technology sectors. This collaboration aims to boost the employability of 510 mid-career professionals by equipping them with skillsets and industry case study experiences to prepare them to re-enter the workforce.
- Course-based learning and industry case studies with SAP and 50 customers and partners to benefit up to 510 mid-career jobseekers locally
- Three tracks of financial accounting, management accounting, data science & predictive analytics in response to growing demand in these areas as businesses gear up for growth
The new courses under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme are part of SAP’s latest efforts to help reskill and upskill Singapore’s workforce. The new courses are now open for registration and will run in batches from January 2021.
Focused, Joint Learning and Training Framework to Deepen Skillsets
The new courses under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme are designed to meet the growing demand for critical skills in data-led financial insights, predictive forecasting and digital capabilities, as companies look to redefine their business strategy for long-term growth. It will also optimise the learning experience and skills development for enrolled participants.
Trainees will undergo a seven-month curriculum that blends interactive classroom-based coursework developed by SAP and Temasek Polytechnic along with vocational training and industry case studies with up to 50 of SAP’s local customers and industry partners – including Accenture, Alpha ORI, NCS, Panasonic, SAP Labs India, SATS, Serial System, Syniti and T-Systems who will each take in a small number of trainees for on-the-job training. Trainees will also benefit from ongoing evaluation and coaching from SAP and its partners while undergoing industry case studies. The three courses include:
- Financial Accounting – focus on deriving real-time intelligence and insights on a company’s financial performance to stakeholders, given the fluidity of the current business climate amidst COVID-19. Participants will learn how to use and automate a broad range of basic to advanced accounting functions using SAP S/4HANA, such as financial closing, asset and profit centre accounting, cash management. Potential job roles include Application Consultant, Functional Consultant, Business Analyst, Business Process Architect.
- Management Accounting – focus on data-led financial insights and forecasts about business operations, enabling managers to make short and long-term decisions for the business to pursue its strategy and transformation amidst COVID-19. Participants will learn how to draw intelligent insights, financial reporting, cost centre and internal order accounting product cost planning, profitability analysis using SAP S/4HANA. Potential job roles include Application Consultant, Functional Consultant, Business Analyst, Business Process Architect.
- Data Science & Predictive Analytics – focus on the use of deep analysis of large sets of data, using statistical analysis and predictive modelling to determine future consequences for businesses as they shift business models and operations amidst COVID-19. Participants will learn how to use automated analytic capabilities to develop predictive models within a data science project context using SAP S/4HANA. Potential job roles include Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Developer, Technology Consultant, Business Analyst.
Eligible trainees will receive a monthly training allowance of $1,500 and can use their SkillsFuture Credit to defray the nett fee payable for the programme. Upon completion, they will also receive industry certification and job placement opportunities with SAP’s partners.
The new courses under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme are part of SAP’s latest efforts to help reskill and upskill Singapore’s workforce. This is on top of the SAP Skills University Singapore, a programme launched in 2018 by SAP, SkillsFuture Singapore and the five local polytechnics to equip fresh graduates and mid-career professionals with critical skills needed in today’s digital economy.
“As local businesses transform their business models and offerings to mitigate the pandemic’s impact, this is also creating new opportunities and skills demand in areas such as financial intelligence, forecasting, and business modelling,” said Eileen Chua, Managing Director, SAP Singapore. “Businesses want the visibility and assurance that their operational shifts will materialize in long-term profitability and seek to limit any uncertainty. The new courses under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme in collaboration with SSG and Temasek Polytechnic provides jobseekers with a fresh, highly-employable financial and data-led skillsets that also help local enterprises drive future growth.”
“The emphasis on training and reskilling has further intensified with the Covid-19 crisis. In today’s business arena, continuous software training and enablement are essential,” added Liher Urbizu, SVP and Head of Services, SAP Asia Pacific & Japan. “Businesses and individuals require training that is relevant both in content and format to adapt to current and future needs, to emerge stronger. By bringing SAP’s global experience of delivering training and certification programmes to the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways programme, we are proud to be able to contribute to building the resiliency of the nation.”
Mr Ong Tze Ch’in, Chief Executive of SSG, said, “The acceleration of digitalisation in businesses and the growth of the digital economy has created a strong demand for ICT professionals. SSG is glad to partner with SAP and Temasek Polytechnic to launch three new courses under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme to provide mid-career job seekers with the relevant skills to enhance their employability and boost their access to jobs in the ICT sector.”
“The launch of these three courses under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme reaffirms our commitment to upskilling our manpower to meet changing demands. We are confident that our partnership with market leader, SAP, to launch SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme will pave the way for mid-career individuals to gain industry-relevant training and experience, and boost their employability despite these challenging times,” said Mr Peter Lam, Principal & CEO, Temasek Polytechnic.
More information on the programme and courses can be found on the Enterprise SGUnited Training Programme at https://sapforgrowth.com/sgunited Applications for the programme are now open and will close 31 March 2021.
Scan to connect and to learn more about the programme:
About SkillsFuture Singapore
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) drives and coordinates the implementation of the national SkillsFuture movement, promotes a culture of lifelong learning and strengthens the ecosystem of quality education and training in Singapore. Through a holistic system of national SkillsFuture initiatives, SSG enables Singaporeans to take charge of their learning journey in their pursuit of skills mastery. SSG also works with key stakeholders to ensure that students and adults have access to high quality and industry-relevant training that meet the demands of different sectors of the economy for an innovative and productive workforce. For more information, visit www.ssg.gov.sg
About Temasek Polytechnic
Established in 1990, TP is one of the leading institutions of higher learning in Singapore. Currently it offers 37 full-time diploma courses in the areas of applied science, business, design, engineering, humanities & social sciences and informatics & IT. It also offers over 40 part-time courses, up to the advanced diploma level. TP students undergo a holistic learning system that combines hands-on experience, character education and relevant life skills, in an enriching learning environment.
The Polytechnic has also infused global realities into its programmes and developed a mindset on campus that embraces socio-cultural diversity. These ensure that TP graduates are ready for work or further studies, and to contribute meaningfully to the community. For more information, please visit www.tp.edu.sg.
For more information, press only:
Iris Yeo, SAP Singapore, +65 97583782, firstname.lastname@example.org, GMT +8
Cherlyn Tan, SkillsFuture Singapore, +65 98000108, email@example.com, GMT +8
Vimala Christie, Temasek Polytechnic, +65 97900319, vimala_CHRISTIE@tp.edu.sg, GMT +8